ROLO Sells Woodstock Manor Lane to Referral Clients Out of state family was recommended to Team ROLO by a past client. While this family traveled out of state to sell their old property, ROLO
Toxic Radon Gas
Dated: November 10 2017
- Radon is a chemical element with symbol Rn and atomic number 86.
- It is a radioactive, colorless, odorless, tasteless noble gas.
- Radon occurs naturally as an intermediate step in the normal radioactive decay chains through which thorium and uranium slowly decay into lead; radon itself is a decay product of radium.
- Epidemiological studies have shown a clear link between breathing high concentrations of radon and incidence of lung cancer.
- Radon is a contaminant that affects indoor air quality worldwide.
- According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, radon is the second most frequent cause of lung cancer, after cigarette smoking, causing 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year in the United States.
- About 2,900 of these deaths occur among people who have never smoked.
Positive Radon Test
What do you do when buying or selling a home and the inspector presents you with a positive radon report?
You have few options. Hopefully you are represented by an experienced real estate professional that will help guide you through these murky waters.
Our team is currently faced with this exact situation. Because we are representing the buyer on new construction with a basement, our team understood the high potential for radon gas. New construction sites, especially with a basement, tend to disturb the soil a great deal. This inevitably leads to gasses shifting around and releasing into the dwelling being built.
Having a terrible agent that does not know how to represent all facts in a calm none-bias manner is key. A positive result should not stress out a client. Often, the real estate professionals lack of experience and finesse will exacerbate this all too common scenario, killing the transaction.
Solution: Mitigation of radon in the air is accomplished through ventilation, either collected below a concrete floor slab or a membrane on the ground, or by increasing the air changes per hour in the building. Treatment systems using aeration or activated charcoal are available to remove radon from domestic water supplies.
Graphic Below: A positive test result for our team's current new construction buyer. Notice the overall average is well above the 'action level.'
More Radon Info
Radon exposure in homes and offices may arise from certain subsurface rock formations, and also from certain building materials (e.g., some granites). The greatest risk of radon exposure arises in buildings that are airtight, insufficiently ventilated, and have foundation leaks that allow air from the soil into basements and dwelling rooms.
What radon would look like if it had a color:
Our team fully informed the buyers about:
- The risk or radon and prevalence
- Proactively informed before any issues surfaced
- Educated the buyers on mitigation options
- Fought on their behalf to get mitigation taken care of by the builder at no cost to buyers
Being proactive at every step of the transaction and providing piece of mind though tangible insurance that your investment is secure; This is what we do at Team ROLO.
Although this was a challenging hurdle, buyers are happy with their investment and moving forward to the closing table next week!
- Raving Fans -
We have built a substantial real estate business based on referrals. The majority of our business is word of mouth, or what we like to call, raving fans. Accomplishing this is no easy task. Team ROLO understands that when you treat all your clients like family, you inevitably end up getting that love in return.
Follow us on Social Media for inside scoops, new listings, market trends, and the latest on the Atlanta real estate market:
If you are looking to buy, sell, or invest NOW is the time to act. Call, text, or email Team ROLO anytime.
Proud members of the Cobb Board of REALTORS®
We understand that buying or selling a home is more than just a transaction: it's a life-changing experience. That's why our team of highly-seasoned real estate professionals are dedicated to providi....